Wellington Port Coldstores Ltd
Under management contract to Whakatu Coldstores Ltd
As a 3rd party Cold storage facility, Wellington Port Coldstores is committed to offering our clients first class service and the flexibility to adapt to their individual requirements. In conjunction with this commitment we work closely with Government Agencies to ensure we comply with ever changing regulations and standards. As such we hold accreditations to store both Export Dairy, Meat and Fish products, as well as being a registered Transitional Facility, which allows us to receive and unload imported containers.
We recognise the importance of timely and accurate information for our clients regarding their stocks. We can do this by either integrating our clients own system with ours or though using our inventory management system (IMS) we can give clients access to the database depending on their needs and requirements. With the use of Radio Frequency (RF) scanners, which communicate with the IMS, we can offer an online, on time snap shot of our clients products and stock levels wherever and whenever they like.
We have in place robust contingency plans to protect our client’s data and information. Off site back ups, UPS systems, power management systems and strict security protocols for accessing the database, combine together to give our clients peace of mind. We also have automated monitoring of our refrigeration, as well as daily manual checks of the system, which enables us to constantly ensure each room is running at its optimum desired setting.
We have 2 rooms with adjustable height racks able to store up to 5500 pallets in total. We also have 2 open plan rooms ideal for bulk storage up to 2500 tons in each. We can operate these rooms at temps between +5c and –30c. We also have capacity to blast freeze up to 4000 cartons a day.
SUMMARY OF ACREDITATIONS, SERVICES & BENEFITS
· NZFSA Registered Export Meat/Fish Store (S231) - compliant with EU, US and all other major countries standards and regulations.
· NZFSA Registered Export Dry, Chilled & Frozen Dairy Store (S2071)
· MAF Approved Transitional Facility - For the importing, storage and handling of product, including Quarantined product.
· Centrally located to provide convenient access to shipping, rail and road.
· Storage of up to 5500 pallets racked and up to 5000 ton bulk storage
· Blast Freezing of up to 4000 cartons per day
· Flexibility to meet clients individual inventory management requirements.
· Robust contingency plans to help protect information and data.
· Market leading technology, including inventory management, refrigeration and power usage management.
· Skilled and dedicated staff